• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Music Store downloads

13iron

Feb 17, 2010
New to smartphones, but how can I get songs downloaded from Sprint Music Store on original Instinct sd card that I installed in my new Hero to play from HTC music player? With a file manager I can find them, open and play, but just individually. Any help is appreciated.

I will assume they are mp3's?

If so, you might want to copy them over to your new MicroSD card which I will also assume is a large capacity than your original Instinct Card. You can do this by mounting to a pc and copying the files there temporarily then back to the bigger card. Make any folder you want on the card, the files will be found.

Then there are some apps which you might want to check out. Mixzing plays media files and is pretty cool, it also will allow you to make playlists with which you can group your music as you wish.

Ringdroid is awesome and will handle all the ringtone, alarm, notification sounds you might want to play with on the Hero...

Hope this helps... :)

Happy Trails
:cool:

Upvote 0
This info I found a CNET -

"If you want to download your purchased songs, simply log on to the service's Web site, and you're taken directly to a list of your songs, each of which has a download icon next to it. The tracks you save to your PC are protected WMA files (Windows Media DRM 9) encoded at 128Kbps. This isn't top-notch quality (192Kbps is the best for WMA), but it's much better than the 32Kbps AAC+ files that are saved to the phone. Initially, we tried to play our first track in Rhapsody, a DRM 9-compatible player, but it couldn't find the license. It turns out you need to use Windows Media Player to play all the tracks first so that it can find the licenses for you; it knows where to look, apparently. After this first play, however, you can use any media player capable of playing protected WMAs, such as Rhapsody. You can also transfer the track to an MP3 player with protected WMA support, such as a Creative Zen Micro Photo, though you cannot transfer them back to the phone in this format; the Samsung MM-A920 supports MP3 and AAC but not WMA."

I don't think you'll be able to play them on your phone without converting them. As protected WMA files the only way I can think to do this is to load them into WMP, burn an audio CD and rip 'em back to MP3. Anyone else got an easier way?

Reactions: 13iron
Upvote 0
Final thoughts on this subject... according to 'advanced tech support' at Sprint Customer Service, music downloaded from the Sprint Music Store to my Samsung Instinct is not compatible with my new Hero by Sprint. After a grueling 1.2 hrs ending with 'advanced escalation dept.' got $40 refund covering about half of my $ for the incompatible songs.
Don't have computer so the file conversion suggestions are appreciated but will go untried, thanks anyway for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones