• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint My Evo 4G is useless - #fail!

I have the version of the Evo 4G that can't be rooted, so...

I continually run out of memory, have a series of useless apps I'll never use and can't get rid of and my phone can't do anything more than text and make phone calls.

IF I try and use Tweetdeck, I run out of memory
IF I try and use GoogleMaps, I run out of memory
IF I try and use the camera, I run out of memory

and the phone responds so slowly it's is completely useless.

Thanks Sprint.

I continually run out of memory, have a series of useless apps I'll never use and can't get rid of and my phone can't do anything more than text and make phone calls.

Thanks Sprint.
if you have an evo 4g then you can root your phone. here is the guide that will help you: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html.

and you can try and do a soft reset. just power off the phone (make sure fastboot is unchecked. settings/apps/uncheck fastboot) wait 30 secs and then reboot the phone. this will clear out cache and might help.

Upvote 0
WOW!! I think someone needs a nap!!! and to perhaps calm down a little bit. But Ocn is once again correct. are you running the advanced task killer? If not, id perhaps give that a whirl. Not everyone likes ATK, but I sure as heck do.... Oh, and relax LoL

Also, I wasnt aware that there was a version of the evo that isnt rootable. Unless of course youre talking about back before the exploid for the new hboot was released. In any event, youre in the right place, and im certain that this issue can be resolved.

Upvote 0

Thanks Sprint.

troll

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones