• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] [OUDHS] System Recovery Thread

xInterlopeRx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2012
Hudspeth County, Texas
So, you got a little crazy with your new rooted device and removed something important... Now, your girlfriend is angry, thinking you're out with another woman because you can't answer her texts. Well, maybe this can help. I can't take all the credit for this one really, and I can't openly give credit either. So, lets just say thanks to the Image Fairies and get on with it. If you need instructions on how to use Odin, read the Soft Brick Recovery Thread. If you need relationship counseling, well, there isn't a file big enough or powerful enough for that. Flash with Odin, buy some flowers, and get ready to eat crow.

Samsung Galaxy Victory System Image

This image is fully stock, you will have to root again. I will make a rooted image as time permits. Please don't ask for an ETA or I will become bitter and lose my motivation.

If you flash all the stock images and your device is still broke there is nothing else I can do right now. If you have an unrecoverable SOFT-BRICK it is best to make it a HARD-BRICK before you return it.

Reactions: nickosarus2008
I don't want to speak for the OP, but I believe this stock image is for the Sprint version of the Galaxy Victory. There has been some confusion among users between the Sprint and VM phones and their stock files. I'm wanting to have them labeled specifically Sprint or VM. Some of the files floating around seem to be rather vague as to what carrier they are for. I would be careful about flashing anything until you know you are getting a Virgin Mobile stock rom. A few people have flashed a stock rom thinking it was for Virgin Mobile but it was in fact Sprint and now they have no working radios.

I appreciate all of the work put it into these files. I just feel users should be aware that they need to make sure files are for Virgin Mobile instead of Sprint.. or vice versa if you are a Sprint user :)

Reactions: Draquiden
Upvote 0
I am sorry guys but I am kind of newbie in the field. I was able to root using Kingo root method long time ago and now I need to unroot and restore back to factory settings. I have downloaded this Victory_JB_factoryreset.zip file but am not sure how to flash it.

I deleted some of the bloatwares (and I do not think that I have the backups anymore) so I do not have a stock rooted OS at the moment. If I am to flash this package, would I get the phone to reset to Stock including the stock recovery as well?

Can I flash it with the TWRP recovery which is already installed on the phone and still revert back to the stock recovery? A little help on how to flash this would be really helpful. Thanks!

Upvote 0
In the first paragraph, the OP stated you need to follow the ODIN instructions in the "soft brick recovery thread" (which admittedly he did not link to nor give the exact matching title of, but wasn't too hard to figure out). Unfortunately the files linked to in that post are no longer accessible as the domain name they were under has expired, which is something I have asked separately to be re-posted (or links to another source would work as well).

Beware that the file you downloaded may belong to the Virgin Mobile version of the Victory, which apparently isn't fully compatible with the Sprint version (I'm not certain of the technical differences, but it appears to be just enough to cause problems).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones