• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Sprint GS4 and root, about to go postal...

TRDownShift

Jun 20, 2010
Ok, So i have tried 4 different guides and a number of "fixes" including swaping out the kernel for the hacked VPUAMDL kernel, I have root, I have superuser app installed, I have a recovery installed and working,(I can flash things if i want) But for some blasted reason this flipping phone refuses to give me root access when I try to use any app that requires root it just hangs, it just sits there and hangs, and I have been tinkering with it for a week now, I've got everything except the most important bit LOL .... I'm about to go postal trying to "root" this phone, I've had HTC's in the past and root those (which is 10x harder then any samsung to root) I had a Galaxy Note 2 before this S4 with root, I've rooted friends phones... I really have no frigging idea what I'm missing T.T...

I just cant see anything I'm missing, samsungs are so frigging easy, You plug it in, run odin and that sucker has root.... why wont the S4 follow suit? I have buddy with the same issue, he cant figure it out either >.<" I just want wifi tether, is that too much to ask? :p

anyway, aside from the vent, I was just wondering if any of you guys have had the same issue and how you fixed it. Thanks. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones