• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Sprint Note 2 reverting back to stock automatically???

mhroten77

Jan 9, 2011
Good Day Everyone,
I have searched and searched, etc... for a way to root my Galaxy Note 2. I have tried the CF ROOT method and odin shows it passed but when the phone reboots it say restoring stock recovery and starts up back to point A. All the searches I am looking for are referring to when it was running 4.1 and 4.2. I cant seem to locate a way to do it with 4.4. Something on this version of Android is kicking it back to stock recover and no root access.
Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you all very much:)

Sorry for the delay in responding. I got it all figured out. I was confused when I used the CF root method and when Odin would reboot the phone the red android guy would pop up loading some stuff then it would say Restoring Stock Recover...So I was like huh? but the whole time I had it right, I just needed to flash a recovery after that. I got it: Thank you again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones