• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SS Note II - Getting more confused day by day!

Lnb

Apr 30, 2011
I love the Note II but things changed that I don't understand why or how I could possibly have changed it. How do I fix it or get rid or it. Where are these features I've heard about. This is a Verizon version ..... groan!

1. I use to be able to take a pic attached to an email and send it off. Now it's asking me for a "sign key"! What the heck is that? It would not let me send the email without establishing one, which I did. Now the pic is encrypted and I can't open it in the email. Why, how do I get rid of this requirement. I have searched this forum and the net and have NOT found a mention of this anywhere.

2. I have this Yahoo news banner on the bottom of my sign-in screen and want to get rid of it. How to do this please.

3. There was suppose to be a blocking function where I can block alerts either all or just the ones I want ..... where is this?

SEE WHAT I MEAN ............ I've looked and looked and can't figure this out.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE TO REGAINING MY SANITY with this phone.

Reactions: metalgirl3
I love the Note II but things changed that I don't understand why or how I could possibly have changed it. How do I fix it or get rid or it. Where are these features I've heard about. This is a Verizon version ..... groan!

1. I use to be able to take a pic attached to an email and send it off. Now it's asking me for a "sign key"! What the heck is that? It would not let me send the email without establishing one, which I did. Now the pic is encrypted and I can't open it in the email. Why, how do I get rid of this requirement. I have searched this forum and the net and have NOT found a mention of this anywhere.

2. I have this Yahoo news banner on the bottom of my sign-in screen and want to get rid of it. How to do this please.

3. There was suppose to be a blocking function where I can block alerts either all or just the ones I want ..... where is this?

SEE WHAT I MEAN ............ I've looked and looked and can't figure this out.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE TO REGAINING MY SANITY with this phone.

Hello Lnb.

It's no big deal. This stuff happens all the time. :)

The "sign key" is one of many security features in the email menus (not Gmail, but the email app which allows for several different accounts). Check in there for some changes (how the changes, if any, came about, is for you to find out ;)).

Yahoo News is a widget that you can disable in Application Manager by clearing data, etc. It's available as a partial screen widget showing a few reloadable/updateable news items, or as that little banner.

What "alerts" do you want to block. :) The weather alert notifications? etc.. they can all be configured in whichever app/widget you're talking about. ;)

Lastly, are you the only person with access to the menus on your Note 2? :D

Reactions: Lnb
Upvote 0
Yes, I made the boo, boo and checked encrypt all outgoing messages. Unchecked now so it should be back to norm.

I will find the yahoo widget and yank the data ...... hope it goes away!

Yes, I am the only person with access ...... *hangs head in shame*

But where is the notification blocking? Did Verizon do away with it? I get a tone notification everytime I get an email. Just grateful that I don't get a whole lot of them. It's annoying.

Upvote 0
I unchecked the encrypt and then deleted all the keys. It's still asking for a key. Did I delete something I wasn't suppose to!??

So now I have NO keys of any sort. Good grief ... what did I do?

**Solve this by deleting and then opening account again.

Still have the Yahoo banner though ...... the news app is gone but the banner with OLD news is still there. Have yet to figure that one out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones