• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SSID specific app run

Sorry for the delay ... I was recovering from a major melt down of my desktop.

There are two major areas for creating user control in Android ... Tasker and MacroDroid.

Tasker is appreciated by people who what to become involved in the process and hated by people who don't.

MacroDroid is appreciated by people who just want one issue addressed and hated by others who find it limiting.

Do you want to get involved or just solve this one?

Example ... I have two Tasker profiles ... one disables WiFi connections in my device if I am out of range of my WiFi network and the other enables WiFi if I am within range. The connections are set to automatic in my device. They could easily launch or kill an app.

(The purpose of mine is to use WiFi when in my office and use Mobile when in a customer's office.)

The way to learn Tasker is to start out simple and nibble away at it. Trying it is the only way you are going to find out if it is "for you: or not.

(mikedt you don't know what you're missing.)

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones