• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Static while using headphones

ren857

Android Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2010
I'm not sure if I should send my xoom back to motorola, so I need some advice.

When I use the headphones on my xoom, I hear static. I have changed headphones, and I still hear it. But, I only hear it while playing certain movies and when I play vidoes on youtube. I don't hear it while playing music. I hear static on certain iTunes movies (w/stripped drm), but I don't hear it on the movies I ripped using handbrake. Do you think this is a problem with the xoom or the media?

Also, as a side issue, when i press the screen when it is off, I see colors under my finger on the screen (that's the only way I can describe it). I had the same issue with my Droid X, but I ended up returning it because the colors wouldn't go away after I took my finger off the screen. Do you think I have a screen issue?

Other than that, I love this thing!

Thanks all.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones