• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by Step Rooting Instructions: for Huawei Ascend

Kind of glad i went with the Ascend if there truelly are upgrading to 2.2
the 1st qtr of this yr..i almost paid 200 more bux for the LG just for the LG
brand.(Same make as my Flat screen) and the 2.2

i want to do roms now that im rooted but i cant with 2.1

I do think it will be out Q1 but no confirmation as of yet. This is an exceptional phone for the money. I used to have an LG Dare and I loved it!

Reactions: BCGreatness
Upvote 0
This is a list of safe things to remove fom your Cricket Huawei Ascend:
IMPORTANT: Do not delete anything with the word Google in it!!
1) UNO
2) Midnight Bowling 2
3) Documents 2 Go
4) MyAccount
5) Storefront (Market does the same thing)
6) Mobile Web (the one with the K over it)
7) Poynt
8) Swype
9) Photobucket
10) Youtube
11) Canvas (Warning: This is your home screen. ONLY delete if youALREADY have a home replacement app like Launcher Pro or ADW.Launcher)
ok so yesterday i tried rooting my phone n didnt like it after it started telling me foce close one after another, it all started when i followed these instructions and only erased a few app including canvas which was on this list... i removed the root and all apps liked to it and now canvas is still gone, which i thought was the point of backup, and it won't let me send or receive pic messages... can someone please help me, i am desperate!!!!

Upvote 0
ok so yesterday i tried rooting my phone n didnt like it after it started telling me foce close one after another, it all started when i followed these instructions and only erased a few app including canvas which was on this list... i removed the root and all apps liked to it and now canvas is still gone, which i thought was the point of backup, and it won't let me send or receive pic messages... can someone please help me, i am desperate!!!!

Do you still have z4root? And also do you have Titanium Backup?

Upvote 0
Not trying to pile on here,just briefly want to share my experience.I have found that ALMOST any bad situation can be remedied with this phone,lots of good info & great people behind it to be found in this forum.
I FUBARED my phone when I deleted system apps,it was 100% my fault.Got plenty of help to restore my phone from NY11725 & Jazziette.Trying to follow directions via forum can be difficult @ times.If you are still experiencing problems with a particular app,try contacting the app developer,they appreciate feeback in order to improve upon their apps. With that said,you have to accept responsibility if things go wrong,along with the rewards of the added performance one gets with the assistance received from all those gracious enough to share their experiences & wisdom with us.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
sry it took so long... no i already erased them cause i thought i was gonna have to take it in... :(

It's okay. But before we help you get your phone working right again we need for you to download z4root again and root once more. Then download Titanium Backup again. You can't d/ld Tibu unless your phone is rooted.

Once you get this done please post here that you have followed these directions and we can continue to guide you through the necessary steps.

Upvote 0
yes to let you guys know. My calendar was so screwed up after following the direction to root my cell phone and I had to REPLACE the phone.

The directions AREN'T clear and there are many steps skipped.

Thank you

Hi Scorpion,

I'm very very sorry your phone got screwed up. I thought you had it working okay for you following rooting. It really upsets me to learn that things turned out this way. Did they replace your phone free of charge? I hope so.

Can you please tell me what steps you feel were skipped and what wasn't clear so that I can make some changes to make it easier to follow?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

~ Jazz

Upvote 0
It's okay. But before we help you get your phone working right again we need for you to download z4root again and root once more. Then download Titanium Backup again. You can't d/ld Tibu unless your phone is rooted.

Once you get this done please post here that you have followed these directions and we can continue to guide you through the necessary steps.

ok i got it... now what???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones