• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock Ally wont update.

No, its a still a rooted and deodexed rom. the stock rom is odexed and unrooted. if one was to apply an update over that vzb rom it can/most likely will hose their phone so they would have to start from scratch. and most people use my guide to fix a botched flash. or to return the phone. the best way to get back to 100% Legit stock is to use my guide. if i knew of a way to implement v8 and vzb into it i would but i can not because the v6 files are encrypted.

Upvote 0
2 questions - 1 - other than getting Froyo when it's released for the Ally... (will it -ever- get that cold down there??) why would you really want to go back to stock?

and 2 - http://savoxis.com/ally/roms/signed_VZB_rooted_deodex_radio_1015.zip would that link for VZB rooted from Savoxis fix your issue, or not?

Just wondering- hope it helps.

I wanted to go back to stock because for some reason, on my phone stock runs better than any of the roms/ OC/ JIT etc i have no idea why, but it does haha.

Upvote 0
I think i may have found a work around. Im flashing back to stock now. will update when complete.

Edit: tried updating via fastboot....refused to update. no android-info.txt or android-product.txt anyone know how to create one for the ally?

Edit 2: Got prompt for V8 OTA, installed, waiting for VB update... i have a feeling its not on servers anymore

Upvote 0
i posted here: Ally 2.1 Update Questions - LG Forum on page 6, he replied to one user but not me... awaiting reply/acknowledgement.

EDIT: LG Product Pro thinks the update may have been pulled because of problems with the VB update, so right now V8 is where we should be at.
Posted by LG Product Pro on 16 Nov 2010 15:28 PM:
Posted by death2all110 on 16 Nov 2010 04:02 AM:
Hey LG Product Pro, Old thread i know but regarding the VS740ZVB Update, has it been pulled from google's servers? me and some other users over at androidforums.com have reset our allys back to stock and its not downloading the vzb update. it downloads the V8 update but not VB, any reasons as to why this is? we've tried the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* trick and reactivating and such to no avail. Any reason as to why this is? Please get back to me thank you.
Sorry I missed your question... But I am assuming that might be the case, but I have also requested an update on it's status... If you are at Ver "8" I'd recommend staying there for right now... I am working on getting info, and as I mentioned, I'll post at the end of the day wheter I have info or not.
I will update as soon as i get more information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones