• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock Browser No Longer Loading Pages that Work?

eg146

Feb 10, 2011
Arizona
My Droid2 is not rooted, it runs the 2.3.20 that was the last update I could access as a Verizon sufferer, sorry customer.

Anyway the stock browser was OK but the past 2-3 months I noticed pages don't load right or if they do, you cannot scroll on them?

My settings for browser are samee as they've always been, no RSS Feeds or anything special but I did reset Browser to factory settings and the same issue was still there.

So I put my settings back but I don't recall what setting the TEXT ENCODING should be set to? I never changed it from the way it was when I bought the phone but maybe that's the issue?

The reset has it set on Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1).

I have no clue what that means but Unicode is another option. Could that be the issue or is this a bigger issue related to the Android 2.3 OS update?

Any help, suggestions would be most welcome. It's starting to drive me BONKERS!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones