• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock messaging app

BoppinMidge

Nov 6, 2010
I have both handcent and the stock app, and titanium back up. I backed up both, and uninstalled the stock one but kept the data and whatnot so I could reinstall it. now I'm not given the option to reinstall but I can reinstall any other app/service on my phone backed up in Ti, except the stock messaging one. anyone know where I can get it perhaps? or can send me it whatever :p

thanks for any help

I learn now that I should've copied the apk to my SD card prior to uninstalling it. Hindsight is always 20/20

Actually you would be better using the Freeze feature on stock apps. This way they don't show up, but they are still there in case you need them. I've found that you can't exactly just reinstall them through the apk file that is backed up.

Upvote 0
Actually you would be better using the Freeze feature on stock apps. This way they don't show up, but they are still there in case you need them. I've found that you can't exactly just reinstall them through the apk file that is backed up.

yeah, another thing i didnt know. i was tempted to press freeze but i had no idea what it did until later when i started freaking out because i just uninstalled the stock app. turns out the update to handcent 3.4.5 (or whatever the newest update is) is what prevents me from sending or receiving. now i just need to get the stock apk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones