• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock mms.apk for lg vortex (cricket)

mncurenton

Lurker
Dec 29, 2012
I'm new to this, but I was reading a tutorial about how to fix my mms on my lg vortex that I use for cricket. So the tutorial gave the mms .apk, and I followed the steps and used overwrite in the systems/app folder. (big mistake, I know) I didn't back up the original file and at first it didn't show up at all. Set the permissions like I read, and I rebooted and got nothing but a blank spot where the messaging use to be. So I copied the files from my LG LW690 http://viglink.pgpartner.com/rd.php...eativeASIN=B00512NPSQ&st=feed&mt=~~~~~~~~n~~~ originally for cricket. I got the icon to come back to my vortex, but when I open it I get "Sorry! The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I've done the hard reset in hopes it would fix the problem, but no luck.
sad.gif
I'm just wondering and hoping you or anyone could please help me solve this problem. Please and thank you
smile.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones