• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Storage Problems....

Hi everyone, its my 1st "Help" post. I have an Note LTE from AT&T which im using here in the Philippines. Love the phone!!! Ive installed an additional 32Gb SD Card for my extra stuff. After installing some pics, over 1400 songs and about 10 Videos, ive used up only 23Gb out of the 32Gb on the Card. But for some reason, when i try to open my Music Icon, it wont open & i keep getting a "Not enough Memory" alert though im not trying to load any more music rather, just wanted to listen to them.

After plugging my Note to the KIES Program to sync my Note, it shows that the Internal Memory is close to the Max of 10.8GB and im on 10.7 ?!?!? I dont get it, ive only downloaded Skype, Battery Saver Pro, and Temple Run on my Note.

On the Phone Storage settings, it shows the 32Gb at 22Gb used, the internal @ 1.79GB available BUT my USB Storage @ 10.79 use with a Max of 10.83?!?! Whats that? Do i click the "Format" option right below that or do i risk losing all of my Phones files or worse, crashing??? Ive already done a Full Reset on the Phone just to bring the USB Storage to 10.79 just to avoid some of the programs not properly working like the Music Player...

Help, Any tips what would be a "Proper" Setup though I know everyone has different setup on theirs. What is the most common Phone Setup that everyone uses to get the Maximum Storage & Performance on their Note... :(

Thankx for the reply. Im not sure what I should do next. I definitely need to clear some room in my USB Memory BUT dont know how to go by it... I might end up crashing the phone once i start erasing files off that part of the Memory... Since I only have 40+MB left, its just a matter of time that my Note will hang again...

I havent installed anything on the phone except Pics, Music & a few games & all as far i know are installed in the SD Memory...

Upvote 0
DON'T WIPE THE USB STORAGE!!!!

The phone comes with 2 locations for storage plus a additional add on third.

Internal memory ~2GB
USB (like an sdcard but not removable) ~ 11GB
The nice 32GB card you inserted into the phone ~ 32GB

The Internal storage is the area where the phone stores apps and such (like an internal memory). Chanes are you have a lot of files/movies/music on the internal USB storage thinking is was going on your sdcard. If you open "My Files" app, you will be at the USB storage (almost full), click on the file called "external sd" and that will take you to your 32GB card. Now to see what is causing the issue;

Download an app called "DiskUseage" it will give you a visual representation of what is using the memory...

Try using an app called "app2sd" It will move anything it can to the SD. Also ensure that your default location for pictures to be saved is in fact the SD and not the phone.

That will not help here, the "SD" location that the app moves the files to on this phone is the USB storage. Since that is full, this app will not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones