• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Streaming, On-Demand Music - MOG or Rdio?

For years I was a fan of Pandora but hate not being able to listen to things on demand. I recently subscribed to Rdio.com and thought it was a deal for $10 a month.

Now I'm hearing about MOG that has the same monthly fee.

Has anyone out there tried both that can give me a review of the differences and which one they think is superior?

Thanks!

Dave

For years I was a fan of Pandora but hate not being able to listen to things on demand. I recently subscribed to Rdio.com and thought it was a deal for $10 a month.

Now I'm hearing about MOG that has the same monthly fee.

Has anyone out there tried both that can give me a review of the differences and which one they think is superior?

Thanks!

Dave

MOG Has more music but rdio is soo much better.

MOG PROS:
-9 Million songs
-Create playlists on the fly without computer

MOG CONS:
-Clunky app, super slow, takes up 20mbs of ram
-wont mute music when you get a call
-even though it stores music on MOG folder on sdcard if you factory reset or install a different rom you need to redownload all your music.
-You cant be signed on the website and application at the same time, it will boot you.
-logs me off atleast 5 times a day, very annoying
-sometimes it wont download the entire track, only 30sec. FIX is to sign off and sign back in.

Rdio PROS:
-Smooth
-Allows you to choose album/tracks on website and syncs with phone
-downloads tracks in the background without freezing

Rdio Cons:
-cant you create playlists on website
-Only 5 million tracks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones