• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck app draining battery

Ive noticed in the last few days that my battery has been draining rather quickly. At first I thought it was from using it too much (texting and a little games). Im usually pretty good about closing things after I use them. Today i had played a game for a few minutes and turned it off. I noticed my battery draining quickly without me doing anything. I saw it drop 5% in about 10 minutes. Closed everything in task manager. Still dropping. I finally checked my battery usage and the game I had been playing was still draining power. It showed 15% of my usage to a game that wasnt running. Restarted my phone and looked, it was still running.
I didnt really care about it, so i just uninstalled. That fixed it. Later I looked and a different game was draining. I had played it after uninstalling the other. Checked that one and it wasnt running. After a restart, complete shut down/start up and even pulling the battery for lack of anything else, it was still drawing power. I found that there was an android update available so I did that hoping that maybe... just maybe...
Nope. its still running. only drawing 5-8% right now.
Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones