• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at Motorola logo

Sprocket

Lurker
Jan 19, 2010
I've been running on Apex 2.0 for about a month without issue. Last night the phone locked up and would not respond to any key press so I pulled the battery. Since then, powering on the phone stalls at the white motorola logo endlessly. I've tried SBF by way of RSDlite and the linux cd method, note that I've SBF'd many times before and have never run into an issue. Holding Home and powering on does not bring up recovery. Swapped with a fully charged battery with no additional luck. Any more ideas?

I've been running on Apex 2.0 for about a month without issue. Last night the phone locked up and would not respond to any key press so I pulled the battery. Since then, powering on the phone stalls at the white motorola logo endlessly. I've tried SBF by way of RSDlite and the linux cd method, note that I've SBF'd many times before and have never run into an issue. Holding Home and powering on does not bring up recovery. Swapped with a fully charged battery with no additional luck. Any more ideas?

Have you tried pulling the sdcard and try booting without it?
Just a suggestion. :)

Edit: When holding down home while booting, what does the phone do? If it looks like it is still on try the volume up/down button press. Another suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones