• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stupid motorola lol

actually no thats not the reason they wanted me to buy because they knew it was the cover i was talking about because in the first response in which they wanted me to buy it they sent me a link to buy the battery cover for 10 dollars..

what i wrote was something like why should i have to buy something thats faulty on the phone when i bought it in no way should i have to pay to replace something that the manufacture messed up on

then they replied and told me they would send me it for free this one time and i got a follow up specifically stating that my "battery back cover" was shipped which makes it even funnier because i was told the right thing was shipped but was shipped the wrong thing

so im waiting on a response if they dont ask form e to return the battery of course im going to keep it why not,doesnt hurt to have a spare

Upvote 0
I had a problem with my battery cover too. I actually lost it for a day and I was really angry. I did find it though in my buddy's car where I had been sitting.

Fixing the battery door was very easy. I just took the cover off and bent the hinges ever so slightly inward so that now the cover fits snugly.

I heard there's a video floating around on this forum too demonstrating how to fix it? I couldn't find it or I'd link it here.

Upvote 0
I swear I saw (somewhere) that Moto was offering free backs to anyone who got one that did not fit properly, there was even a apology from them. That makes this even funnier and more curious! If they really are offering them for free why did they think you should pay $10 for it? I think they are only about $5 at Verizon anyway.
Stupid Motorola indeed.

Upvote 0
just got a reply..so they didnt comment on me being sent the battery but they said again that back cover is now being sent has a different order number and everything so hopefully this time i get the back cover

so looks like ill have a new battery and back cover for free if all goes well lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones