• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stupid question? - Forums for Android

Posted a comment, on the big page, about the Forums app. Still trying to get into it, but am trying to figure out the "My Stuff".

What exactly is it for?

All I see is my name, it's and a settings button.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-33-05.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-33-05.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 202
How do you get your name OFF the app but not the forum? I have no intention of installing it. I don't like its permissions.

If you did not install the app, how is your name on the app? If you mean you installed the app and uninstalled and do not plan on using that app and would like to remove your name... the only account changes would be that you connected your Gmail to your existing AF account or accidently created a new account with your Gmail. If you connected your Gmail and wish to disconnect, you can do this within your AF profile and remove the integrated account. If a new account was created... @Phases or myself could remove that for you if you wish.

Upvote 0
If you did not install the app, how is your name on the app? If you mean you installed the app and uninstalled and do not plan on using that app and would like to remove your name... the only account changes would be that you connected your Gmail to your existing AF account or accidently created a new account with your Gmail. If you connected your Gmail and wish to disconnect, you can do this within your AF profile and remove the integrated account. If a new account was created... @Phases or myself could remove that for you if you wish.

It sounded like that from the OP (Pitcarver)
Went through this with the + business here. Everyone pushed to check it out, so I did and got loads of crap in the email.

My name here is different than any Google account and I want to keep it that way.

Upvote 0
My name here is different than any Google account and I want to keep it that way.

Then don't use the app.

At present authentication using a Google account associated with your AF one is required. Alternative authentication methods have been requested by other members who, for understandable reasons, don't feel comfortable with this. The app is still in an early stage of development.

Upvote 0
I have no problem, personally, with the app using my Google profile, as it seems that I'm the only one to see it.

I installed, first, Channels, and then the Forum app, with what I perceived to be the intended purpose of them in being able to narrow down discussions that were pertinent to my devices and the specific applications that I have installed.
Only problem with this setup is when I check an installed app, in forums, I get this...
Screenshot_2017-01-24-00-42-40~01.png

Still like to use the browser version to check out everything else.

BTW, never had any extra spam in my emails.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones