• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suddenly can't call in or out

A

Android Question

Ok, get that I'm older, reading here with those born and raised on these things, I'm more lose IE Tap phone, go to menu....(menu if it's the bar on the bottom, not working!) I'm too old and too lost to attempt to keep up on this, but phone was working fine today, but died. Recharged and now if I check missed calls or attempt to call out, phone goues into auto "hold" when I try to call. If I remove this, sounds like Garbled chickens! No idea what's going on. Others who pick up when I call are hearing same. f the CB, told either my number is not in service, or rings once and disconnects. Can anyone help, preferably with a step by step for dummies

Ok, get that I'm older, reading here with those born and raised on these things, I'm more lose IE Tap phone, go to menu....(menu if it's the bar on the bottom, not working!) I'm too old and too lost to attempt to keep up on this
Really? Not to play "can you top this", but do you remember the day FDR died? I do. And I still keep up with these things. Walking is a problem, though.

Can anyone help, preferably with a step by step for dummies
You don't say who your carrier is, but I'd take it to them as a start. That "chickens" is also called "going digital" and it could be caused by a bad phone or something in the way your account is provisioned, or a problem with the tower or ... you get the idea.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones