• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suddenly, my Note2 is not staying connected to WiFi

MareLuce

Oct 28, 2012
Suddenly, my Note2 is not staying connected to WiFi.

It connects successfully and then disconnects after 10 seconds or so.

It is now exhibiting the same problem when connecting to my iPhone via tethering. It used to stay connected.

Anyone experienced this before?

Can't say I relate but if you are within your return period I would try a hard reset (wipes all data) first. If problem still persists, get the phone exchanged.
Darn - I just checked - delivery date was November 9.

Hoped the bug might be specific to the routers where I'm at now. It's not. Grocery WiFi, Cafe WiFi all the same: connect then disconnect after 10 seconds.

In < 48 hours I"ll be in 20 - 30 degree snowy / rainy weather trying to find my way around Eastern Europe using Google Maps and the apps I've loaded since I got my Note2.

I bought a MiFi device and a roaming chip for inexpensive WiFi. Now I doubt it will connect. Argh!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones