• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestions on a box for kodi?

Hey everyone I've been using an amazon firestick for kodi for over a yr and for a while i've been seeing the limitations of the firestick (Slow and laggy). I know absolutely nothing about android boxes so before I go and spend money I want some suggestions for a box where I can put kodi on. I want it to run the latest version of android 6 so It the most recent out there. I would like it to be faster than the firestick. I've been looking into the Nvidia Shield but honestly don't need something that crazy expensive, but I also don't want something cheap (because if I want cheap ill stick to the firestick). Does anyone have any recommendations for a box.
Thank you and happy holidays

Is this a decent box for the price
https://www.amazon.com/Greatever-T95Z-PLUS-Pre-installed-Bluetooth4-0/dp/B01LVXNQ9Y
or
https://www.amazon.com/Edal-Amlogic...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4QPP6AS4GX4V1QBSWSRA

Last edited:
What I would do is only buy a box that is offered with prime, then you know it is through amazon's warehouse and you are guaranteed a return if anything happens to go wrong. This is what I do, I buy them off amazon and resell for more but only from sellers that are using the fulfillment program. Now what andrew said technically isn't true, MXQ i find to be a really cheap box and I won't deal with them anymore because of all the issues I've had with them being broken on arrival for failing on my customers. If I were you I'd scan all amazon reviews for whichever boxes you are looking into, see what they say, if a lot of people are having issues with them move on and purchase a different one. I've had very good luck with the MXV s805 but their a bit hard to find now as a lot of people stopped selling them and started selling new models.

Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones