• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SuperSu

KEITH KELLY

Lurker
Feb 25, 2016
Rooted Samsung Galaxy note 3. I rooted with towelroot, updated Samsung software, couldn't, the phone knows it's been modified. Tried to get rid of whatever is left in the system, and tried to use supersu to do it. Supersu says that there are no binary su. So installed supersu zip file to my sd card and I it came up with the following "E:footer is wrong E:signature vefication failed. What can I do please?

Hello there @KEITH KELLY !
I only know of a last resort, but it will wipe your device. And that is to install the latest firmware for your device found at Sammobile.com
You can use ODIN (a computer program) to flash it. Links at Sammobile :)
Be sure to choose the correct device, carrier and/or country, otherwise your phone will not work.
Like I said, that is the last resort (and the only way I know, sorry) but will wipe your device clean meaning you will lose any photos, app info, music etc.

Perhaps there is another way that someone can chime in with, but just ask if you need assistance with flashing firmware :)

Edit: I might add you will lose root and not sure if root can be had after the latest firmware flash.
Something to consider ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones