• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switch everything to another Galaxy S..

homey

Dec 14, 2010
My old Galaxy S is broken and it's going to be replaced under warranty with another Galaxy S but how do I just put everything from the old S to the new one?
I'd like to transfer all the apps, texts, photos, music, contacts etc. I was going to use Kies but someone said that it didn't touch texts and that it wouldn't transfer anything to a NEW phone, only the same one!

Can anyone please help as I'm scared to lose everything?

My old Galaxy S is broken and it's going to be replaced under warranty with another Galaxy S but how do I just put everything from the old S to the new one?
I'd like to transfer all the apps, texts, photos, music, contacts etc. I was going to use Kies but someone said that it didn't touch texts and that it wouldn't transfer anything to a NEW phone, only the same one!

Can anyone please help as I'm scared to lose everything?

CONTACTS: sync with google or try app called "contacts backup" or any other app..
MESSAGES: an excellent app I always use "sms backup/restore" (same developer has one for CALL LOG)
PHOTOS: transfer to an external sd card or move them to computer and back..

Also have a look at an shop called "my backup"

Would have been much easier if you rooted your phone.. You could have made nandroid backup copy/paste file to new phone & restored nandroid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones