• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help switch on/ boot-up i5700 silently ?

Thanks for the replies.

I don't actually own this phone but am I'm seriously thinking of getting one in the next few weeks and this is a serious issue for me.

I'm in the UK, so it's the Galaxy Portal that the i5700 is sold as.

The methods described by

Andronix: "only if it was set to silent prior rebooting" and
DaSchmarotzer : "Mine is always set on vibrate, so that's what it does when it boots".

did NOT work on the model on that I tested in the T-Mobile shop (who supply it with Android 1.5).

BUT, they did work on the model in the 3 Mobile shop, which was running Android 2.1.

Interesting.

Any comment on this? - I assume your i5700s are running v2.1...

Cheers

John

Upvote 0
this is an i7500 area so i think most people were working on assumption.
spica/portal got an update to 2.1 last month but not on all networks although the portal is supposed to be sold with 2.1 so thats a bit odd.

either way i noticed madaco and cyanogen were dropping hints on twitter that they are interested in the portal for modding so thats a good thing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones