• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync of my HTC calendar with my on-line Google calendar

lucaai

Lurker
Nov 23, 2011
Hello everybody!

I have a simple but perhaps tricky problem:

since some days my HTC calendar does NOT sync anymore with my Google on-line calendar.

The events I add via PC on my Google calendar are not anymore inserted in my HTC calendar...

I did not change relevant settings in the past days.
Auto sync is ON on my HTC and all the other necessary settings.

If I push Refresh on my HTC calendar nothing happens.
If I push Sync Now on my Gmail account on HTC nothing happens.

Any idea of the root cause and solution?
Last successful sync was Friday 18th.

Hope to get some help!

Hello everybody!

I have a simple but perhaps tricky problem:

since some days my HTC calendar does NOT sync anymore with my Google on-line calendar.

The events I add via PC on my Google calendar are not anymore inserted in my HTC calendar...

I did not change relevant settings in the past days.
Auto sync is ON on my HTC and all the other necessary settings.

If I push Refresh on my HTC calendar nothing happens.
If I push Sync Now on my Gmail account on HTC nothing happens.

Any idea of the root cause and solution?
Last successful sync was Friday 18th.

Hope to get some help!

1. Go into settings and make sure that all the items for you account are set to sync. Just click the "sync now" button.
  2. Then go into calendar, check your calendar settings and make sure all the calendars you have set up are checked to sync with your phone.
  3. Then reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, go into settings, remove you gmail account, then re-add it.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
One thing I'm finding is that the various Google apps (mail, calendar, contacts) will stop syncing when the internal memory starts running low - my wife and I are both experiencing this problem. Clearing cache and data on various apps (facebook is often the worst offender!) to free up some space seems to cure this.

Rhyan

Reactions: suetcart
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones