• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help syncing google calendar, recurring event for last weekday of month

the block

Nov 16, 2009
I use my exchange calendar at work, and have Google Calendar Sync installed on my work desktop that does 2 way sync every 60 minutes between my Exchange calendar and my personal Google calendar, which is what I use on my phone and in my personal life.

I have a recurring event that Google Calendar just can't seem to handle. In exchange, it occurs on the last weekday of the month. Not day, not weekend day, but weekday, M-F. Because of this, the numerical date it occurs on changes from month to month, and I think this confuses the hell out of Google Calendar. When I put the event in my exchange calendar, and it syncs to Google, the first month is good, and then after that, it occurs every single day afterward, so I deal with it alerting me every day at the same time that it's time for my event. It is incredibly annoying.

Is there anyway to fix this? I know someone is going to say to use the corporate calendar as well, but I tried for a good week to get exchange sync to work on my droid and I just couldn't get it, so I said **** it. I kind of like not having work email on my phone now anyways since I now just turn work off in my head when I leave the building.

thanks for any advice :cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones