1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Syncing photos with bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BackyardChicks, Feb 19, 2011.

1. BackyardChicks

None

Feb 19, 2011
    I am new to smartphones and android.

How do I get my Optimus T to transfer my photos from the phone to my Windows 7 (64 bit) computer using bluetooth? With my old (not smart) phone, I just selected the photos and sent them (to Windows XP) with bluetooth. (New computer, new phone.)

Windows Mobile Device Center connects with my Win Mobile 5 pda, but not my Optimus (or my old Propel.)

I have transferred my photos using the USB cable, I would prefer to do it via bluetooth.

I have paired the computer and the phone. I cannot get the phone to transfer the photos.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello BackyardChicks. <----- Great user name. :D

64 bit Windows 7 may need compatibility settings enabled in order to use Bluetooth with your new device.

3. BackyardChicks

None

Feb 19, 2011
    Thanks...for both comments. I wanted backyardchickens it was too many letters.

How do I enable compatibility settings?

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

5. BackyardChicks

None

Feb 19, 2011
    Sounds like it just won't work. Bummer.

Thanks for your help.

I think I got my phone to transfer over the virtual Windows XP via bluetooth. (I've tried so many things with so many devices that I don't remember.) It will be just as easy to do it with a USB cable as starting up virtual XP.

How do I know which version of bluetooth and bluetooth sender I have. I mean, I'm sure you know since this is an Optimus T forum, but how do I see it on my phone (or literature?)

Also, would an app make it work?

I saw this article that says that bluetooth transfer of photos was easy, but he doesn't say which windows he was using. Review: LG Optimus T (Phone Scoop)

Thanks again for your help. I've put a lot of time into this already and you are finally giving me some answers.

Tags: