• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing the hero with other mail programs?

Right, i have had my hero for a little while now and i find it rather intersting that you can sync up with your mail accounts and all that.

However, as fun as this may be, i will admit that my mail account is either a) Vastly ineficcient b) So badly unorganised its not funny and c) I get annoyed that i have to do everything online or 'In the cloud' and would prefer to edit and do everything i need to do on the machine, THEN upload them to my google mail adddy book or whatever.

Onto the meat.

As far as i can see, i can only sync with Outlook, outlook express or a few other choice clients that i simply DO NOT USE.

Is there a way i can sync with something OTHER than those? I currently use Windows live mail, and i find it a really convenient way to do my stuff. I have tried putting my stuff into something like Thunderbird, but it hates me and keeps crashing :(

So i throw it to you, oh merciless internet of wisdom and power.

Any other suggestions, apps, utilities or just down right marvels that i have either overlooked, not heard of or been ignornat of.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones