• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I keep getting the notification about the update with the new version: 21.23.56.en.US Android 4.4.4 but I didn't tried it until a few minutes ago and it didn't installed maybe because I'm rooted. I haven't install the custom recovery by Shabby yet so I really dont know why it didn't installed, I also defrosted all the apps that I had frozen, so again I'm not sure why it didn't installed yet I'm glad that my phone didn't got bricked or nothing like that. However, I was able to snatch the update which it size is 41.17MB and got it saved just in case anyone wants it.

Upvote 0
I think some of you are going to be happy with this update since they addressed the SD card issue. I still have not installed it, but wanted to share the info.

Attachments

• 1409505427357.jpg
    1409505427357.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
I purchased my motor G a week ago and it immediately installed 4.4.4 so I don't know any other except my old phone with Gingerbread. So far I have only two problems
a) I keep accidently dialling from the speed dial
b)when I am trying to follow a map, it switches the screen off at the pre-determined set time ie 1 minute
I have a 16GB SD card in it.

Upvote 0
Update:
Motor G 4G. 2 weeks old, SD card 16 GB 1 week old, system worked fine for a week and then decided that there was no SD card installed, I took it back to the Meteor shop who unplugged the card and re-installed it, the system then ask to reformat the SD card, they did this and of course I lost all of my pictures but it is working again.
I don't like these faults that do not have an answer, will it happen again when I have a lot more pictures on the SD Card that may mean something?

Upvote 0
The update was driving me crazy and popping up all the time, so I went ahead and installed it. So far I see no difference, but I was not having a single problem to begin with.

As for the picture backups, why not go ahead and do a cloud auto backup like through Google or Amazon?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones