• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Superuser bugs Jelly Bean 4.1

Mig860

Lurker
Sep 18, 2012
I rooted my phone and installed 4.1 Jelly Bean. I first rooted the phone on the factory Ice Cream 4.0.4 software with no issues what so ever. Worked flawlessly and even the tethering worked. I went to the 4.1 Jelly Bean system and then Superuser errors began to surface. The tethering stopped working and even the web browser would automatically close with the Shell is granted Superuser message. I just switched back to the factory Ice Cream 4.0.4 software and the phone is functioning perfectly again. Has anyone else experienced this? I sure hope when the OTA update for Jelly Bean comes this will not happen. Possibly the Superuser app will have an update for Jelly Bean? Any thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones