• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

talked to VZW about the T-bolt?? share your convo's here!

for what it's worth... which is probably nothing, i just called my 3 nearest stores to inquire.

store 1: "we have no information on the release date"
store 2: "we should have it tomorrow, but call around noon to make sure"
store 3: " it was supposed to be tomorrow, but it has been delayed. the release looks to be a week from tomorrow at the latest."

this is insanity! if VZW doesn't want to give info directly to end users, that is one thing, but it seems to me that you would absolutely want to keep your own employees in the loop. how can 3 stores, less than 20 miles apart, have 3 completely different answers? that is seriously a good way to upset some customers who are not as patient as i am.

I agree. I am more than frustrated about this phone rapidly becoming vaporware. Now, I've had really good experience with HTC phones (the one I currently have is the Magenta Network's G2), and I want to buy one for the foreseeable time. If the current smartphone offering from Verizon is not scheduled to be EOLed soon, I would have bought any phone now. The only two reasons why I am waiting for the Thunderbolt are:

1. I need Verizon in Montana (other networks don't work so well)
2. I love HTC.

HTC is lucky they made good phones. Otherwise, I would have ditched them.

Upvote 0
I agree. I am more than frustrated about this phone rapidly becoming vaporware. Now, I've had really good experience with HTC phones (the one I currently have is the Magenta Network's G2), and I want to buy one for the foreseeable time. If the current smartphone offering from Verizon is not scheduled to be EOLed soon, I would have bought any phone now. The only two reasons why I am waiting for the Thunderbolt are:

1. I need Verizon in Montana (other networks don't work so well)
2. I love HTC.

HTC is lucky they made good phones. Otherwise, I would have ditched them.

i am in the same boat, VZW is the only acceptable carrier where i live (unless you don't care about data). i have been eligible for an upgrade since november, but couldn't justify locking myself into a droid x/2 when i knew the thunderbolt was coming soon. if it weren't for the (allegedly) locked bootloader on the bionic i would be going that route, but the open nature of the OG droid has spoiled me, so HTC it is. the sad thing is that, had i signed on for a droid x/2 with a one year contract in november, i would only be 6 months away from my next upgrade at this point. :(

Upvote 0
Sorry for some bad news but no thunderbolts as of the 23rd. My buddy is pretty annoyed by it, reminds him of the thunderbolt all over again. The system says they should of received the phones on the 22nd and no new emails stating a new release date or anything. Seems like the stores are just about in the dark as us. If this phone doesnt drop im going to buy a droid x outright and wait until my contract is up in december. Maybe there will be a nuclear i7 powered phone by then

Upvote 0
Definitely being cautious with the call I just received, but a VZW rep that I spoke with about a month ago about being interested in the Thunderbolt just gave me a call saying that they will be selling the phone on Monday. He said they were expecting the shipment to come in on Monday around noon. This is not a corporate store but is a registered Verizon store. Still, I'll believe it if he calls me on Monday saying that he has one in his hands AND when I get to the store and he hands a HTC Thunderbolt to me. Just thought I'd share the "news" I just got. I'm still expecting the 3rd but if he calls me on Monday then I'll be more than happy to come pick it up earlier than expected. Here's to hoping he isn't full of it.

Upvote 0
Spoke to the manager of a corporate Verizon store, yesterday (2/24):

I asked him about the Thunderbolt.
He said: "We have no information. We were suppose to be selling them today, but we never got the phones. We have absolutely no idea what is going on, or when we WILL have the phones. Trust me - we are as confused and angry as you are."

Upvote 0
Hey, for what it's worth, I went to VZW today leaving work to get some Xoom accessories. I have a Rep that's keeping me informed the minute he hears anything. I asked if he has heard anything lately and I was surprised to hear him say unofficialy it's the 10th. That's strange how we just heard about a possible date from that leak. Hopefully they find away to get it done this coming week. He did tell me his store would open at 8:00 on what ever day it is they launch. They normally open at 9:00 and all other stores in the area open at 10:00. He knows it's a sure sale and wants to make sure I get the info as soon as he hears something. He said they should get notice 3 or 4 days ahead of time.

Upvote 0
Spoke with my store last night and it was more of the same:

Me: "I know that you're not selling the Thunderbolt yet, but is there any information about it you can give me?"
VZW: "We honestly don't know anything, but we'll be happy to take down your name/number and we will call you as soon as we get them in."
**Give name/number** (Written on a post-it note LOL, how official...)
Me: "So yeah I've been mostly reading forums and its looking like it's going to come out late February or early March, what do you guys think?"
VZW: "That's what I'd guess too. We actually read a lot of the online forums as well b/c we're just as in the dark as everybody else."

Yadda yadda yadda small talk, nothing relevant

Not a good sign when the employees at a official Verizon Store (Not a third party vendor) don't know anything.

It's also bad when I drive by the store on my way to class and see a UPS truck dropping off boxes, I can't help but wonder... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones