• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tatto Mobile Networks

saber

Lurker
Feb 27, 2010
Hiya

im a newbie to here and android, i just have a question about the mobile network setting. switching it on shows either 3G or H, switching off makes them disappear. now on my omnia it shows what connection is available, eg 3G, how does this work on the htc? if mobile network is switched off i cannot use the browser, which is obvious, if i leave mobile network switched on and i dont have any apps running, does it mean that the connection is still open or just available. hope some-one can shed some light on this for me... as im woried if i leave it on ill incure extra data charges.

thanks

Hi saber. Welcome to the forum. About the network setting is that if you have the network 3G on, you could make some trafic. This is because of the widgets that the phone has. Ex. The mail,facebook and weather widget will autoupdate automaticly,and it will make some traffic. The connection will be available and than the widgets will autoconnect. Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones