• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tbolt delayed until 28th?

So far BB is the one that has given bogus dates. I have had the 24th down as the date all along. I have the phones as coming in between the 21st & 23rd, why are people spreading bad info like it's fact? Verizon doesn't give any info to the employees untill the phones are ready to sell. If I walk in to a corporate store there goal is to sell me a phone, or upgrade me. If I'm not going to buy anything they will show me to the door. They wont waste time if they wont make $$$ now. That is why that don't know squat.

Exactly. I will hold onto the 24 for now. I dont blame vzw for all the missed rumored dates either. Best buy has been responsible for them. Not that I blame jay for trying to tell us what he sees either.
No sense in getting worked up for nothing.

Upvote 0
Exactly. I will hold onto the 24 for now. I dont blame vzw for all the missed rumored dates either. Best buy has been responsible for them. Not that I blame jay for trying to tell us what he sees either.
No sense in getting worked up for nothing.

While I agree that BB shouldn't be releasing all of these dates without being sure I feel like VZW could stop all of it by setting a date...but this is free advertising for them so I guess I understand why they haven't said anything.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with the Verizon rep, she said the Thunderbolt might be out this summer :rolleyes:

She was really trying push the crapple fphone and asked why I wanted to wait for the Thunderbolt.....hello!!!

I think everybody should call multiple times per day untill they get sick of us using up thier resources every day and finally give in and tell us a release date or maybe release the phone. I'm sure based on the fphone sales there is no point in delaying the Thunderbolt release if that is truly the reason for the delay.

Upvote 0
OK! This is what the confusion is all about, the phones have been shipped. They have a software update for Skype that will push to the phone on the 28th, so the corporate stores might wait to release it then so they can do the update on activation. So far that didn't say you couldn't sell the phone when they arrive.

Upvote 0
I talked to my Verizon store yesterday and they said the latest they had heard was the 24th. We are going to have to wait for an official announcement before I believe any date. Unfortunately, that announcement may only come the day before knowing Verizon.

No uniform answer at any BB or VZW. Both BB and Verizon folks have told me they do not know yet, since no alerts of product being on route for stock yet.

28th can be just as accurate as the 24th. Fact is, VZW has NOT publicly stated a date, so who REALLY knows here?

Upvote 0
What is the big deal anyway? 24th or 28th- four day difference, folks- if true.

Huge difference for me. I have one on pre-order at BB but will be traveling for work starting the 27th. My current AT&T iphone (that my wife talked me into) is screwed up and I need the Thunderbolt as an internet access point while away. If I can confirm it's not coming on the 24th, I will have to scramble and find another access point while traveling.

Best Buy is still telling me I will be able to pick it up the 21st still so I'm holding out.

Upvote 0
OK! This is what the confusion is all about, the phones have been shipped. They have a software update for Skype that will push to the phone on the 28th, so the corporate stores might wait to release it then so they can do the update on activation. So far that didn't say you couldn't sell the phone when they arrive.

I just told you guys what the confusion is. I will sell my batch of phones on Monday if they show up, that can the update on the 28th if they want, the phone will still work, just not the Skype function.

Upvote 0
I dunno. As I alluded to in a post in another thread, I just got done sweet talking my way into an early upgrade for the TB, and the *611 VZW rep said that he couldn't find a definite date or pricing yet, but that he heard end of month, the 28th. I know, I know, take it with a grain of salt from BB employees and VZW reps, but for me, that is 2/4 local BBs saying 28th as well as 1 VZW rep now.

Reactions: lilbballer27
Upvote 0
Just spoken to a person at a Verizon Store in Abingdon VA and they stated 24th was the day. Everyone should call there local store to see how many different answers we get.

I was told today that they still plan on the 24th, but he warned that it has been moved back already so it may be again.

If the Verizon stores still say the 24th, wouldn't they be told by the reps before the reps tell Best Buy? Or at least at the same time? It wouldn't make sense that the Best Buy rep would know but the Verizon employee wouldn't.

Upvote 0
While this phone seems very nice, I'm skeptical that its being held back for release because Verizon might be trying to figure out some kind of 4G data price plan. Maybe based on the preorders they will come up with a price that most will accept, "It's only $10 more a month". Damn, there a many times I don't even get 3g service in Los Angeles area. Now Verizon could possibly want customers to cough more money for "4G" service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones