• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tbolt into Landscape mode?

Hmmm...

If that's the case, you my friend...have a unique phone (maybe an oops)! One that a developer would love to get a system dump of...

Don't know what else to say...

The weird thing is, I don't recall it doing this when i first got it. I charged it at work today and looked over and was shocked to see it rotate.

I hope it's not defective in any way.

Upvote 0
The weird thing is, I don't recall it doing this when i first got it. I charged it at work today and looked over and was shocked to see it rotate.

I hope it's not defective in any way.

Defective? Like defective in the way that you have the HTC sense launcher rotating into landscape? That's something that this phone doesn't do...that people want their phone to do. :)

I'll take a defective one too please! :D

Question: When you flip the phone in portrait orientation, does the middle button actually say "Phone" with a phone symbol next to it?

Upvote 0
Defective? Like defective in the way that you have the HTC sense launcher rotating into landscape? That's something that this phone doesn't do...that people want their phone to do. :)

I'll take a defective one too please! :D

Question: When you flip the phone in portrait orientation, does the middle button actually say "Phone" with a phone symbol next to it?
As long as the phone and OS are good...

Yes, in portrait mode it says phone.

Upvote 0
Figured I should post this here as well (posted in the screenshot thread)...Enjoy!

New setup for today...

Touch Ripples LWP which works well with the settings I use as well as the wallpaper ;)

HynlMl.jpg

Oh yeah...and working landscape rosie! :D
Linear Sense *Beta* 4.5.2011 Rosie Landscape - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Hmmm.....strange.

I wonder if this phone has a magnetic switch like the Droid 1 did? I'm going to find some magnets to play with...

When I have the phone in the car dock and in the car mode, if I cancel out of the car mode it goes into this landscape mode. So it might be that his phone somehow "thought" it was in a car dock. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
When I have the phone in the car dock and in the car mode, if I cancel out of the car mode it goes into this landscape mode. So it might be that his phone somehow "thought" it was in a car dock. Just a thought.

Yeah, I think you're right. I've seen other posts around the internet where people have had their T-Bolts stick in landscape mode after being in the car dock. I don't have the dock so I can't test...but I've never been able to "force" mine into landscape mode without modding it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think you're right. I've seen other posts around the internet where people have had their T-Bolts stick in landscape mode after being in the car dock. I don't have the dock so I can't test...but I've never been able to "force" mine into landscape mode without modding it.

it does go in to landscape mode when its in car dock and some times it does stick to land scape mode when you dedock. but i have noticed that some of the widgets pictures/icons get augmented at times to fit the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones