• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Terrible Apps

jhewit22

Mar 15, 2010
Erie, PA
I've seen a lot of threads about favorite app's...so let's switch things up...

What is your LEAST favorite app that you've downloaded or paid for? Why would you discourage others from downloading/buying it?

(PS- sorry to any app developers who this might offend...I don't meant to, just trying to help solve some headaches for others, and myself)

Good question. One of the most popular apps of all, Dolphin.

I can't stand that thing. I even purchased the license and spent several days trying to get used to it, but I could not justify the gimmicks and tabs, etc.. even the default color of the thing.

The stock browser is still the best for me, with Opera running a close second.

Upvote 0
I didn't like Dolphin HD either. There were times I wanted the stock browser, I'd have it open, click on a link and Dolphin would take over - even when it wasn't the default. Maybe it was operator-error on my part, but I shouldn't have too look that hard to switch settings. If I select "NOT default browser", it should respect my wishes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones