• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
OK, so I posted about how the jellybean update seems to have fixed the battery issue...

Only a few days later, and it's right back where it was. This phone is just brutal, I can't rely on it at all and am quite frankly fed up with it. As much as I love it (other than the battery life), I can't recommend it to anyone and regret buying it.

Today, I sent a total of 3 texts. I made 0 phone calls. I did not use the internet at all. It's on power saving mode. 8 hours and 100% battery drain.

Now it's showing 22% to MAPServiceSamsung (I have GPS off, don't know what this is, but I can't force stop or disable it), screen takes 19% despite being on for only 22mins, device idle 15%. Gallery was taking up a lot but I turned off sync altogether.

Lot of great features on this phone but unfortunately I can't use any of them for fear of the battery dying in a couple of hours if I do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones