• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

scottshad

Lurker
Nov 22, 2010
I am newbie, and when I did a searched "tether" here, I got threads about charges, hot batteries etc.
Here is what I am looking, I have downloaded "easytether Lite" to my motorola droid, now I am stuck, I looked for the PC side download that is needed and I can't seem to find it.
I am running win7 64bit
I got so real good stuff on my phone (movies of my family) and I want to upload to my pc......
and I need some really easy to follow instructions to proceed. Folks I don't like saying this, but you see I have 3 learning disabilites, and technical stuff just over-whelms me.
So I ask for you consideration in this!
Thank you very much!

The battery getting hot comes as part of tethering. But if your looking for a couple of apps that do not require you to root your phone pdanet is one and easy tether is the other. Tethering basically is sharing your phones internet connection to your PC or laptop.

PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android
How to tether Android - EasyTether. Android tethering for Mac OS X, Ubuntu, PS3, XBox, Wii, Windows

Now as far as getting video clips off your phone just put it into file browsing mode, that option should come up in the notification bar when you plug your phone into the computer. Also if your tech savvy enough you could install AndFTP off the market and upload said videos to a site if you have one or where-ever else.

BTW I have a slight learning disability too, I was in special ed all throughout highschool. What I know I learned from watching people and friends I have met. There is some things that are way beyond my knowledge that I have tried to learn but I just gave up on it lol.

If I remember correctly when you take video clips and pictures they go into a folder on the memory card. For mine when I go into file browsing mode they are sorted out in the dcim folder (For my G1 as I do not have the vibrant yet).

Hope this was enough to help you out. The file browsing mode and reading the above paragraph above this one is the best way to get the clips and pictures off your phone.

Reactions: scottshad
Upvote 0
thank you for your help. i have to watch things being done in order to understand them. i am pretty good pistolsmith and years ago i bought some books to learn smithing, but i found i could take apart any gun and put it back together, i would know to disassemble that gun for the rest of my life... i found this out when i was 14 and ex green beret sort of took me under his wing to keep me out of trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones