• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacing groceries

It's an odd question for this forum, but the grocery store should be able to look the purchase up with his credit card number on their POS (Point Of Sale) software. Then it's up to the store as to whether they will replace any missing items.

Some of the baggers at the grocery store I go to miss an item once and a while. I find myself watching the baggers more closely than one normally would.

Upvote 0
its a hard thing to prove on what was missing and what was not just by the receipt. if your friend returned immediately, it might not be as big as a problem. if you can locate the cashier who rang the purchases up, then maybe. if this is the next day, and the cashier is not there, then you are pretty much sol. there is no way to prove that something was left behind. the only way to prove such thing is to do an inventory of the item thought to be missed., but i doubt the store's manager would do something like that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones