• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tethering options

bnathanb1982

Jun 5, 2010
I just got an Ally and so far am happy with it. I have a hunting club where I only get cell phone service, no internet connection, so I downloaded Easytether and am actually using it right now and it works great. My question is, I only get service in one of the rooms to use it and would like to use it in the living room. Is there anyway to do this? Do they make a longer usb/ally charger so I could leave my phone in the room and take the computer in the living room? It doesn't seem like easytether offers bluetooth. I tried bluetooth on pdanet but cannot get it to work b/c it's too confusing for me. I can get my device pair and connected but it only connects for media/phone and won't connect when I try to dial up from computer. Ok that's long enough and confusing enough for yall. Any help would be appreciated.
Nathan

I just got an Ally and so far am happy with it. I have a hunting club where I only get cell phone service, no internet connection, so I downloaded Easytether and am actually using it right now and it works great. My question is, I only get service in one of the rooms to use it and would like to use it in the living room. Is there anyway to do this? Do they make a longer usb/ally charger so I could leave my phone in the room and take the computer in the living room? It doesn't seem like easytether offers bluetooth. I tried bluetooth on pdanet but cannot get it to work b/c it's too confusing for me. I can get my device pair and connected but it only connects for media/phone and won't connect when I try to dial up from computer. Ok that's long enough and confusing enough for yall. Any help would be appreciated.
Nathan

If you root your phone you could use Barnacle Wifi Tether that way the phone could sit in the room with service and any wireless device within range should be able to connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones