• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TETHERING PROBLEM

Hello

Carrier Metropcs
PHONE LG MS-210

SCENARIO: I CAN CONNECT/ROUTE THROUGH MY PHONE FINE.

THE PROBLEM IS: WITH TETHERING (JUST HAPPENED)... I CAN CONNECT LAPTOP/DESKTOP THROUGH TETHERING APP (FACTORY/PHONE), BUT NOT ROUTE..
PING FROM EITHER DEVICE GIVES TIMEOUT/SITE UNREACHABLE...
IT SHOULD BE THE CASE OF CLEARING CACHE/COOKIES IN BROWSERS BUT CANT FIND THE SETTING. APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN MOVED? DUE TO ANDROID UPDATE?
IM ONLY 1/2WAY THROUGH MY DATA FOR THIS BILLING CYCLE...
ANY IDEAS???
I DONT RELISH THE THOUGHT OF CALLING METROPCS (FILIPINES) TECH SUPPORT.....
THX

MetroPCS has altered tether on most of their plans since they all offer unlimited data in some fashion.
Without unrooted devices, on standard plans, you should be able to use your device as a 'hotspot' or access point.
If you truly need to use tethering, chord connect between devices, you will be required to change to a higher tiered plan that specifically indicates that it provides that option.
Hotspot will work, though not the best especially if you are needing to routinely move larger amounts of data.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Do you mean Metro PCS (Philippines)?
Metro PCS is a US carrier isn't it? Are you international roaming?
i think the op meant dealing with outsourced tech support that usually is in the philipines. i'm not sure i understand about "route". what do you mean by this? so your laptop can connect in the internet via your phone's hotspot, correct?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones