• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Message Send Failed

superflybribri

Aug 9, 2010
New Jersey
I have been trying to figure this out but is there any way to have the Droid automatically resent a text messaged that fails to send?

When I get the failed message error, I have to try and click on the small red triangle with the exclaimation point over and over hoping for it to pop up on the text entry field so that I can resend the message.

My problem with this is that it sends all of my following messages automatically after and that can make the recipient of the messages confused as the conversations seems to go all over the place at times.

It seems like the message failed error always seems to come up when I am in back and forth conversation and an incoming message is happening at the same moment when I am sending out a message.

All in all, it is very annoying. I try searching but I was just wondering if there is any fix out there?

This may be related to a recent issue that Google recently upgraded to critical, even while acknowledging that the issue is extremely hard to reproduce.

See Issue 9392 - android - SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact. - Project Hosting on Google Code

I realize that what you are experiencing is not the *exact* same issue, but it may be related, so that is why I am pointing you to it.

If you want to browse all Android issues, Click back to list in the upper right hand corner. You may find someone has already reported it - if not report it yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones