• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text msgs not sent notification

firesole03

Oct 5, 2010
So a friend of mine recently picked up a Droid X and is already having an issue with it.

He is using the default text messaging and is getting an error msg in the notification bar saying "5 messages not sent".

He can hit "clear" and it goes away but shortly reappears. I've looked into his settings and don't see anything that would apply as "drafts". He has deleted every msg and it will still come back after he exits the app and then opens it back up again.

any suggestions???:thinking:

I usually go in and long press those messages with the not sent notification and either resend or delete them... This removes the notification for me.

It doesn't show any actual failed messages. message is ONLY in the notification bar. I can drag down the bar and long press on it but nothing happens. short press takes me to the messaging app but does not show any failed messages nor drafts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones