• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting a contact gives "invalid number" error

lockexxv

Lurker
Aug 20, 2014
I'm trying to figure out my wife's new LG Optimus G Pro. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, so I'm familiar with Android (plus I've had Androids since 1.0). I can't, for the life of me, figure out why my wife's phone has errors texting me. It keeps saying it needs a 10 digit number, but when you go to my contact, it's the proper xxx-xxx-xxxx with no 1 before any of it, all standard.

She can text everyone else without issues. It's just me (which is odd seeing as we're both on the same account with the same area code and prefix).

I've searched these forums and Google and seen quite a few others on different phones (still Android) having this same issue, with very little results. The one and only "fix"/solution I found was to go into the Apps Settings and erase the data for Dialer and Dialer Storage. My wifes phone has neither of these, which I find odd, seeing as my Samsung has Dialer Storage.

Has anyone been able to solve this frustrating issue? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones