• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting/APP freezing

lilcowboy23

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
Ok so i have had my I1 for a lil over a month now, in the last three weeks the texting application and some other applications have been freezing, and a message block pops up that says " activity messaging in application messaging in not responding' and i have 2 blocks to click on either wait for it to respond which half the time is does not and another that force closes the application.

this is become a every text thing so i can pretty much not use the text messaging. some times it even takes hours for a text to go through and sometimes they do not go through at all.

Talked to sprint and all they can offer is for me to reset my phone back to factory setting which removes everything including all my texts. they are sending me a new phone but i fear that there is gonna be the same issue on it that i have on this one. any help would be greatly appreciated. begining to wish i would have just kept my old I580 at least it worked after sitting in water for 4 hours and droped in gasoline.

My friend, you can try googling for "task killer pro for android", and access chompSMS.

Install these apps to your i1, and see if they work better. If you're willing to use ChompSMS (text messaging application) don't forget to turn off the notification settings on the default messaging program, so you won't be notified twice!

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones