• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting Layout Issues

kmC

Lurker
Nov 6, 2010
What's up, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate and am super impressed with it. However, there are a couple issues that are really annoying me and they all seem to revolve around the text messaging of the phone. When I send and receive messages it doesn't place the incoming and outgoing messages in a conversation like layout. It places the messages in a line. I'll just show an example between person X and person Y.

X
X
X
X
Y
Y
Y

Instead of like
X
Y
X
Y etc.

Is there a setting I need to change or what's going on? Nobody else's phone does this so I am confused.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I am also having this ... anoyance

and since no one replyed to the OP

BUMP

if its been addressed elsewhere, then please pm me the link, or post it... ill keep searching cause scrooling up through 50 of my messages to see the latest message from my girl only to scroll down through 50 again when i post a reply, is anoying..

surely there must be a fix

i will get back to searching now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones