• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texts taking hours to receive

Margrethe

Lurker
Jan 9, 2012
I recently bought my HTC Desire S and have been having an issue with how long it takes to receive texts - but its only certain texts. They take between 15 mins to 2 hours to receive sometimes, and others come through normally. Is it a problem with my phone or with my network?
Any suggestions? Thanks!

What's your network? And when you say 'certain texts', are they different from the others (other than they take longer to receive), e.g. from the same network, person, etc?

Also what is the software version on your phone? Menu > Settings > About phone > Software information > Software number.

Upvote 0
@RossTiger

Have you had these problems since you had this software version?

This thread reports problems associated with a similar software version to your phone, i.e. the 1.47* versions that appeared on some provider (branded) ROMs. In that thread, there are tips on what to try to solve your issues.

However, if your problems remain, then, as others in that thread found, there's not much you can do without either rolling back to an earlier version, waiting for an update, or rooting your phone and installing a stock or custom ROM.

As practically all providers offering the Desire S have updated the software to Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.5, you might want to call '3' to see when they plan on doing the same.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I too am having this exact same problem. In fact the problem's been there for the last couple of months. I kept calling my provider T-mobile who insisted that it was an ongoing HTC problem and that they were attempting to resolve.
After patiently waiting, problem still happening so a further call to T-mobile resulted in them telling me to take it into a t-mobile shop and ask for a replacement sim card as they felt this could be the problem as my sim card was of the "older variety".
I did this at the weekend, and the advisor in the shop said that he thought that would indeed solve the problem as he wasnt aware of any software problems with htc. I duly paid the fee for a replacement card an went away confident the phone would be fine, the advisor said that sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to fully activate the new sim card. so i was patient and waited, (as the texts were still being delayed).
Now, some days later, my texts are arriving several hours after they have been sent and i am now really really annoyed. Has anyone got any solutions?????
my software version is 1.47.110.3
thanks

Upvote 0
I to have the same problem, I used this phone in Miami however and it was fine and now I am using o2. I recieve my texts hours later or sometimes my phone is just left with no signal. HTC supports solution was to "remove the back cover for 10mins and it should go away. It did resolve the no signal solution but not the recieving texts hours later problem. My software android version is 2.3.3 and HTC Sense version is 2.1. Is there any fix to this problem yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones