• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The 2.1 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware of Rant!

These are not 20+ year old and well defined defined OS APIs on 20+ year old and well defined PC architectures running over 20+ year old and well defined Internet pipes. There will be hickups and a learning curve to progress on. But progress we will, with or w/o the whining. The journey would just be so much more pleasant w/o the whining, don't cha think?

Upvote 0
Just a little observation:

I'm using the term "whining" in a very loose sense here, but of the last 10 "whining" posts...

# Whining about the 2.1 release: 5 (#381, #371, #365, #363, #355)
# Whining about people whining about the 2.1 release: 3 (#385, #383, #372)
# Whining about people whining about whining about the 2.1 release: 2 (#378, #377)

Half the people were whining about the topic at hand. The other half were either whining about people whining, or whining about people whining about people whining. Please note the mod gets a bye because it's his job to keep the thread on topic.

And sorry if it sounds like I'm just whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about the 2.1 release. :p

Upvote 0
There is a 2.1 Custom Rom already out there that can be flashed for people who want 2.1, only thing not working on it is the camera, multitouch. You can have it now if you want it that bad.

An updated one is about to come out that has everything working except the camera. The Dev is working hard to get the camera working and do some optimizing so 2.1 for the HERO will MOST DEFINATELY be out and running LONG LONG LONG LONG before sprint decides to release it.

Its over on XDA if you need something to play with in the meantime.

Upvote 0
This is the greatest thing!!!!!:)

just a little observation:

I'm using the term "whining" in a very loose sense here, but of the last 10 "whining" posts...

# whining about the 2.1 release: 5 (#381, #371, #365, #363, #355)
# whining about people whining about the 2.1 release: 3 (#385, #383, #372)
# whining about people whining about whining about the 2.1 release: 2 (#378, #377)

half the people were whining about the topic at hand. The other half were either whining about people whining, or whining about people whining about people whining. Please note the mod gets a bye because it's his job to keep the thread on topic.

And sorry if it sounds like i'm just whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about the 2.1 release. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones