• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best camera in the world...

We stopped at Cracker Barrel restaurant Tuesday for breakfast...

Attachments

• 2013-09-17 10.07.11.jpg
    2013-09-17 10.07.11.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
EarlyMon: Best in the world.

All of these pictures are causing me to feel very envious...that I lack the hardware to produce such beautiful images.

Don't sell yourself short my friend.

It's all about the feeling and the moment.

Many, many years ago a pro retired and left suitcases of Hasselblad equipment up for sale at the camera store where my buddy worked.

We got to talking and he challenged us to a showdown, the upcoming photography contest. My buddy took after him with a Mamiya RB-67 and me with a twin lens Rollei - we're talking top notch and major bucks, and we had our own darkrooms.

He mopped the floor with us using a Kodak Instamatic and drug store development for his prints.

I hope you find this video as moving as I do -

That was made with a kid's toy - the Fisher Price PXL 2000 - 120

Attachments

• 1379786191515.jpg
    1379786191515.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
I've always said that a bad picture is better than no picture. Some of my bad pictures are my favorites.
My dad was a photographer and hated it when we kids "wasted film", yet he would develop and print them all. As we got older we could use his darkroom, that's where the fun was.
I went on assignments with him sometimes, had a blast and a lot of good memories. He took some stunning shots but every now and again it was his "bad" shots that I liked better.
Shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Bad be damned, you will be glad you have something because a bad picture is better than no picture ;)

Upvote 0
Coffee is an important part of my life. While staying in Warsaw, I frequented a cafe around the corner. Best damn coffee I have ever had. Worst service I've ever had.
This photo represents the perfection of life at that time, when it was simple and free. I look at this photo and I remember what it was like to not have a care in the world.

Attachments

• Coffee.jpg
    Coffee.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
I love trains and I love vintage photos of them.

I took this one in Albuquerque on a hot day in the desert - and I wanted to capture the sense of the bleak light and searing heat in the lines extending to the horizon.

EarlyMon, saw that one you posted over in the (One?) thread discussing HDR. I admired it there too (though I think it was in color?)

Upvote 0
EarlyMon, saw that one you posted over in the (One?) thread discussing HDR. I admired it there too (though I think it was in color?)

Ah yes - here is the same image shot plain, then again with HDR (high dynamic range by averaging 3 pictures). The shot above, exactly what I was going for as soon as I looked down the platform, is the HDR shot, colorized.

Attachments

• 1379805884066.jpg
    1379805884066.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 1379805908500.jpg
    1379805908500.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: TheAtheistReverend
Upvote 0
Ah yes - here is the same image shot plain, then again with HDR (high dynamic range by averaging 3 pictures). The shot above, exactly what I was going for as soon as I looked down the platform, is the HDR shot, colorized.

I like the above shot with the muted colors best as it has more of an artistic flair to it. But that's just me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones