• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Big List of Home Launchers - June 8, 2013

Huh, my last post was posted twice in one click. So I guess I'll use this post to say this...

I use Holo Launcher. I've tried tons of these launchers, some just a catch a quick look, some to try out for a while, but I always end up going back to Holo. It has the customization options I need and want so far and I like the way it runs. Every week or so I'll get a FC, but it's always due to my trying to do some wacked out stuff involving other apps. I usually keep SPB Shell 3D installed just to show off my phone now and then (the home display is awesome) but it lacks lots of options I really want.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
update

Sheesh, search for one Windows 8 launcher, and look what happens...

Upvote 0
There's another version of ADW Launcher. Called - wait for it - ADW.Launcher. No 'EX'

Current version is 1.3.3.8 and says it'll work on 'droid 1.6 and above. I like this one more than I did ADW Launcher EX.

ADW.Launcher on Play

lol I wondered how I missed it. It used to be 1.6 only and was called ADW.Launcher (donut), but I guess he must have changed it up. Link is fixed, thnx.

Upvote 0
update

Splay Launcher 4.0 and up

It's pretty darn rare that I endorse a launcher, but I'm really digging this one. I've been on Action Launcher for a while now, but it only took a few minutes to decide to change my default. It's smooth, original, and easy to use. It's great when I find a truly unique launcher that I can enjoy.

It's still in beta so it lacks customizable, well, anything. I'll keep my other launchers installed but this is a great one for me to default to so I can use my Note 2 one-handed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones